Immunetrics, Inc. is currently seeking a Biologist to join our model development team.
- Develop expert reviews of varying subject matter (50%)
- Develop an understanding of cellular and molecular biology, immunology, physiology, and clinical trial-related concepts relevant to a wide range of Immunetrics’ projects through detailed scientific literature searches. This research will vary in scope from fine molecular and experimental details to general concepts in healthy and disease-state physiology.
- Provide biological expertise that represents the foundation for the development of Immunetrics’ mathematical models in the form of influence diagrams, written reports, and specification sheets.
- Critically collect, analyze, and interpret published data into a context which can be understood and utilized by Immunetrics’ team of mathematical modelers.
- Clinical data analysis (25%)
- Organize and analyze clinical trial data and databases from published and proprietary sources.
- Maintain documentation of literature supporting model design decisions.
- Project management (10%)
- Work with the Director QSP Biology and Director QSP Modeling to provide leadership for assigned projects, including statements of work, time estimates, and project progress tracking.
- Closely work with mathematical modelers on the development, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing quantitative models of various disease states.
- Organize and prepare background information, data, and results for internal and external communications and presentations.
- Science communication (10%)
- Communicate scientific information and model design rational to colleagues and clients who have expertise in a variety of disciplines.
- Prepare marketing material for external communication and business development activities.
- Other (5%) Participate in a variety of internal and external projects as assigned.
- Applicants should have a PhD in a biology-related field with a strong background in molecular/cellular biology. The desired candidate will have knowledge of cellular signaling pathways and how they relate to immune response and regulation.
- Demonstrated skills in scientific writing and communication.
- The ability to explain biological concepts to non-biologists.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- The candidate must demonstrate great attention to detail while maintaining a clear vision of overall project goals to ensure project success.
- The candidate must be capable of working effectively both independently and in a team setting.
- The candidate must be able to be effective when working on multiple concurrent projects, which requires the ability to prioritize and thoroughly plan workflow processes.
Preference Given for:
- A background in immunology or immuno-oncology is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the pathology of autoimmune disease or cancer is also strongly preferred.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of human physiology is preferred.
- Clinical research experience is a plus.
- Pittsburgh, PA area candidates are preferred.
This position will report to the Director QSP Biology.
All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Immunetrics is an equal opportunity employer.
©2023 Immunetrics Inc.