At Immunetrics, we build predictive, biological models of drug targets and clinical trials.
Our model simulations are able to inform our clients’ decisions at all stages of drug development; including pre-clinical targeting, trial designs, combination drug synergies, target patient populations, new indications, and FDA requests.
Traditional drug development is limited by a variety of factors:
- A compound (which is safe and hits the desired target) must already exist, in order to test it in humans
- Will efficacy in animals translate to humans?
- Clinical trials are extremely costly and time consuming: this limits which drugs are tried and what doses and regimens are tested
- It’s non-trivial to find enough human volunteers, especially for less common diseases
Modeling opens up an array of new opportunities and a paradigm shift in drug development:
- Test targets even before a drug has been developed and optimized
- Reduce animal studies
- Optimize the use of clinical trial participants to only the most promising compounds
- Test a wide array of doses and treatment schedules, which would be impractical in human subjects
- Investigate combinatorial drug approaches, again, using many more dimensions than is practical in human trials
- Diversity of virtual patient populations enables the investigation of which types of patients will respond best to a given drug